Our Chatbot is an artificial intelligence that will help you quickly find information about Metrobank's products and services on our website. It is available 24/7 to respond to your inquiries. The Chatbot may solicit personal information to facilitate your requests or questions, but we assure you that it is in compliance with the Data Privacy Act of 2012.
In this Terms, "we," "us," or "our" refer to Metropolitan Bank & Trust Co ("Metrobank") and/or the Bank's authorized third-party provider, and "you," "your," or "yours" refer to users of our Chatbot.
By using our Chatbot, you signify that you are legally allowed to give your consent and agree to be bound by these Terms. If you are acting on behalf of a corporation, partnership, organization, or other legal entity, you must be authorized and eligible to bind such entity with these Terms.
We reserve the right to amend these Terms at any time. Notice of any change to these Terms may be made by posting notifications on our website, branches, or other channels that we deem reasonable and effective to reach our clients. We may also make changes with immediate effect and without prior notice if any law or relevant regulations require us. Your continued use of our Chatbot after such revisions shall constitute your acceptance of such revised terms, guidelines, or rules.
- Subject to your full compliance with these Terms, we are giving you access to use our Chatbot. You likewise agree to be bound by all applicable terms, laws, regulations, and official issuances in connection with the Chatbot and other related facilities, which we may adopt and make known to you from time to time.
- Unless otherwise stated, any new feature, enhancement, or change to the Chatbot shall likewise be subject to these Terms.
- To use the Chatbot, your device must comply with our minimum recommended system requirements. We could not be held liable for your inability to use the Chatbot if these requirements were not met.
III. YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- You agree that you have the following responsibilities:
(a) to be fully responsible for all access to, use of, any transactions or other activities using the Chatbot;
(b) to safeguard the confidentiality of any account or personal information;
(c) to ensure the security of your device and not to perform any activity that could potentially compromise its security, including but not limited to jailbreaking or rooting;
(d) to immediately report to us if you think that there is any breach of security or unauthorized transaction using our Chatbot;
(e) to ensure that your device meets the minimum system requirements; and
(f) to defend, indemnify, and hold us harmless from any claims arising from your violation of these Terms.
- You are responsible for providing valid, accurate, and current information. You represent and warrant that you own all information, data, or any other materials that you will submit through Chatbot.
- You also agree to reasonably cooperate with us regarding any investigation, complaint, or issues regarding the Chatbot or these Terms.
IV. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
- Using the Chatbot does not give you ownership of any intellectual property rights in its contents. Without our prior written consent, you may not use any of Metrobank's logos, trademarks, or any other intellectual property rights.
- You will not, and will not permit, any third party to reverse engineer, decompile, disable or otherwise modify, translate or create derivative works or use the Chatbot for any purpose other than what is provided under these Terms.
V. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY AND DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES
- You agree that we shall not be liable to you or any third party for any modification, suspension, or termination of the Chatbot.
- Under no circumstances shall we be liable for any consequential, incidental, special, or indirect losses or other damages, such as any damage to your device or any viruses which may affect your software, applications, or other property on account of your access to, or use of the Chatbot.
- We are not liable for any failure, defect, error, or bug in the Chatbot or for other causes beyond our reasonable control, including but not limited to any system failure, non-delivery, or delayed delivery of messages.
- We make no warranties or conditions (whether express or implied) concerning the Chatbot, and exclude any warranties and conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, good title, free from defects, accuracy, and non-infringement. We do not warrant that your use of the Chatbot will be uninterrupted and that any information transmitted using the Chatbot will be transmitted accurately and in a timely manner. We provide the Chatbot "as is."
- You are solely liable for all claims, losses, and consequences arising from, or in connection with your use of the Chatbot, in case;
(a) you have acted negligently or fraudulently;
(b) you have disclosed your account or personal information to another person;
(c) you have failed to safeguard your device;
(d) you have failed to report an actual or possible security breach;
(e) you have violated any of the material conditions under these Terms; and/or
(f) you have misrepresented or provided any false information.
- You accept that materials on the Chatbot are for informational purposes only, some details may vary for different types of clients. While we do our best to update all details here, we do not guarantee that these will be accurate all the time. For specific details, questions, or concerns, you may visit any of our branches nearest you.
VI. PRIVACY NOTICE
- By using the Chatbot, you consent to the processing of your personal information (Complete Name, Age, Current Address, Mobile Number, and Email Address), in accordance with the Data Privacy Act of 2012 and its Implementing Rules and Regulations, for the following purposes:
(a) to enable us to deliver the services under the Chatbot;
(b) to enable us to process your applications and transactions;
(c) to pursue and protect the legitimate interest of Metrobank as far as the bank products and services offered to you;
(d) for verification and security purposes, personal information may be supplied to third parties; or for legal or regulatory purposes, without prior notice to you.
VII. SUSPENSION OF TERMINATION
We may suspend, restrict, modify or terminate the use of the Chatbot in case:
(a) of unavailability due to upgrade;
(b) it is reasonably necessary to respond to any actual or potential breach of security;
(c) you have breached any agreement with us, including these Terms;
(d) there is a need to comply with any legal or regulatory requirement;
(e) we have reason to believe that someone impersonating you has used the Chatbot fraudulently, illegally or improperly;
(f) due to exceptional circumstances, we were required to do so by Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas, or any third party which assists us in providing Chatbot; or
(g) based on our sole judgment, your continued access or use of the Chatbot may not be in our best interest.
VIII. GOVERNING LAW AND VENUE
- These Terms shall be governed by Philippine laws and all applicable rules and regulations of the Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas (BSP) and our policies.
- You agree that the exclusive venue and jurisdiction for any litigation arising out of, related to, or in connection with these Terms shall be in Makati City, Philippines.